An educational or bilingual learning model is characterized by imparting 70 percent of the subjects in English; it is one of its advantages and very few schools in Mexico City carry it out successfully.
In fact, many schools give this program in the wrong way, since they only replace the contents of a subject taught in the mother tongue by a foreigner; a single subject is not enough to cover the requirements that the model can offer in the short, medium and long term.
This is a teaching focused on integrating the two languages and not on replacing one with another; that is, the application of this model adapts to different linguistic, social and political contexts that other subjects offer to the education of girls.
To explain it in a simpler way, here we will list a series of characteristics between a well-developed bilingual educational model and another that is not:
This Is What A Bilingual Educational Model Does Not Consist Of:
- To get the students to know a second language at the end of their school period.
- Facilitate the process of transition from the mother tongue to a foreigner in different contexts and then integrate them into everyday life.
This Is What A Bilingual Educational Model Does:
- Bilingual education is offered from the preschool, where the bilingual program aims to enable the students to master the English language from an early age.
- The students acquire an excellent level of communicative competence since a good bilingual educational program contemplates up to 70% of their subjects in English as Science, Biology, Mathematics, History, Literature, Technology, and Gastronomy.
- The development is encouraged and the tools that allow the continuous improvement of the language are provided, implementing diverse activities at the international level in which the students participate.